All Tangihau Bulls are:
- Weighed at birth
- Accurately identified and recorded
- Pasture reared with no unnecessary supplementation
- Performance assessed and recorded through the NZ group breed plan
- T.B. free accredited (TB status of 10)
- Brucellosis and Mannosidosis free
- BVD antigen tested negative and vaccinated
- Vaccinated with 7 in 1
- AM, NH, CA and DD tested free or remain untested free
- Independently examined for penile structure, testicular function and semen tested
- Inspected by Angus Society Inspectors for the “AA” logo standard
- National Animal Identification and Tracing (NAIT) approved
- RFID tagged
ANGUS APPROVED CATTLE "AA" LOGO STANDARD
All bulls have been inspected by qualified New Zealand Angus Association inspectors and passed a minimum standard in relation to:
- Structural soundness
- Angus breed types
- Frame Size
- Reproductive traits
Look out for the approved status logo in our breeder catalogue.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the stocking rate at Tangihau Station?
What type of country have the Bulls been raised for?
How have the Bulls been raised?
Are yearling Heifers mated?
How many cycles are the Cows/Heifers exposed to the Sire?
What is the average in calf rate (including yearling heifers) for the herd?
What is the general temperament of the bulls?